Birmingham School Board
No Hidden Agendas! No Personal Agendas! No Special Interest!
It Is ALL About The Children!
Ordinary is not our final destination!!
Why am I a candidate:
I believe that being a member of the BOE will provide me the best opportunity to serve the students of Birmingham City Schools and the citizens of Birmingham.
Ready Day One!
I have attended Alabama School Board Training so I will be ready to serve you on Day One.
5 Key Areas:
1. Safe and Secure Schools
2. Welcoming to all families
3. College and/or Career Ready
4. Academic and Financial
5. Highly motivated and valued workforce
I need your help to win..
Please consider becoming a volunteer with our campaign. I cannot serve the children of Birmingham in this capacity without your help. Please complete the information on our contact_us page and consider volunteering your time.
I would love to speak to your audience
I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you or an audience of your choice about the effort I will take to continue the improvements of Birmingham City Schools.
Please, please, donate
We cannot win without the support of you and friends like you. Please make a contribution to our campaign to Elect Mr Tate, Disrict 1. Any amount will help and any gift will be welcomed.
My goal for every Birmingham City School....
- State & National Standards
- I fully support and will work to ensure Alabama supports and implements Alabama College and Career Ready Standards (also known as Common Core Standards)
- Safe & Secure Schools
- All of our schools should be a safe environment for teaching and learning. Parents and students should feel confident that the schools they are attending are safe from outside threats, and any unwelcomed and/or threatening behavior. Teachers should feel that their work environment is safe and conducive for teaching.
- All components of Birmingham City Schools should have clearly defined goals. Given the proper and adequate resources, components will be measured; expected to produce accurate and timely data; to be accountable for results, in areas of opportunities or for achieving the expected results.
- Supporting Student Programs
- All programs of Birmingham City Schools, such as academic and athletic programs are properly supported to position our students for success. Policies and infrastructure are developed to support students success
- Welcoming to all families
- Families are valuable participants in the life of the school, and should feel welcomed, valued, and connected to each other, to school staff, and to what students are learning and doing in class.
- Effective Communication
- Stakeholders of schools engage in regular, two-way, meaningful communication about student learning and challenges students face
- Empowers Families
- Families are empowered to be advocates for all children, to ensure that all students are treated fairly and have access to learning opportunities that will support their success, without fear of retaliation or intimidation
- Let's make Wednesday Night, Family Night(No scheduled extracurricular activites)
- Shares power
- Families and school staff are equal partners in decisions that affect children and families and together inform, influence, and create policies, practices, and programs that affect the students and families
- Engages the Community
- Families and school staff collaborate with community members to connect students, families, and staff to expanded learning opportunities, community services, and civic participation.
- Opportunities to achieve
- Each student should be provided the opportunity to achieve high standards of learning, regardless of the school they attend